Thursday, February 18, 2010

What's New?

And now, time for another gripping episode of What's New?

Still waiting for word from Magination Press, but not expecting any for a couple of weeks or so. It would be great if they take the book, but it won't be the end of the world if they don't. (Please note: the earthquake we felt recently in Illinois didn't happen because I'd gotten word that they didn't take the manuscript, although at 4 a.m. in the morning, you might have been so shaken you would have believed it.)

Been thinking about pirates a lot lately. Not sure why. Just finished reading and taking notes on James Scott Bell's Plot and Structure, and I'm considering how I can use some of his methods to create a better foundation for a story with said pirates. Trying a new method doesn't feel natural yet, but I believe it would produce good results in the long run, so I'm up for trying it out.

My driver's license is about to expire, but they're letting me renew by mail. This is good news, since I tend to be reclusive in some respects. (But yes, Christine, I am going to try to force myself to go to the mall and shop with you very soon. The girls can't wait.)

I need to go to the dentist. This is not earth shattering to anyone but myself. I'm planning on making the fateful call tomorrow. Now that I've told you all, you can hold me accountable. I feel a lot better now that that's off my chest.

Aren't you glad you tuned in?

No comments:

Post a Comment