Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

I say this with the possibility of being redundant. I was in a classroom with 28 four- and five-year-olds. We had a short service and then moved on to what was top in all of their minds: popcorn and a movie (Bolt). As one of my assistants remarked, they were surprisingly quiet. And as I carefully avoided giving them anything with sugar in it, they remained so for the entire evening. With ten or eleven assistants, counting Crew, we had an excellent adult to kid ratio that we don't often enjoy.

I remember the first New Year's Eve service in what was at that time the new church building. I think we had over one hundred four- and five-year-olds. And not enough assistants. And it was a four hour service instead of three. That was a wild ride that makes you appreciate evenings like last night, where we just had fun, and it was not overwhelming for the kids or the assistants.

How did all of you spend your New Year's Eve? I hope that however you did it, it was a blessed time to look back at a good year and forward to a better year. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment