Sunday, November 15, 2009

Nano Post: Day 15 (Panting my way through the desert)

Did I drop off the planet? Nope. But I have chalked up over 32,000 words on my Nano Novel, Deep Secret. They aren't the words of fine literature, but hey, at least there are 32,000 and I'm 2,000 ahead of schedule my personal schedule and 7,000 ahead of the daily minimum. But it doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging, so I haven't had any words of wisdom from the captain lately.

It's been fun doing the Nanowrimo. I'm a terrible procrastinator when it comes to finishing a novel. Especially if I get stuck. But this time I'm committed to doing it, so I have no choice but to press on. My characters may have weird dreams or strange conversations in order to fill the word count, but there is no turning back. (Also because Dwight, Christine, Laura, Nathan, Carissa, Susan, and Kathryn are all doing this too, and if I don't finish, they'll all get me!)

2 comments:

  1. That's okay, you take your time and write your novel this month. The Admiral is making a honey do list for you to take care of this December.

    ReplyDelete